With UMUC, earning a degree from a respected, accredited state public university is accessible – any time, any place. No matter where you're stationed around the world, hundreds of online classes are at your fingertips. UMUC offers the courses you need in the world's most flexible format, catering to your military lifestyle.
Online courses enable you to:
- Log in and learn — whenever and wherever works for you
- Utilize an innovative, user-friendly online classroom
- Start courses when they fit into your life, with 11 different start dates throughout the year
- Save on course materials: Our classes use free e-resources embedded inside each online classroom instead of using costly textbooks
UMUC makes sure your education follows you, regardless of where your next duty station will be. With courses in over 80 sites overseas, a range of on-site and hybrid courses take place in your military community each session. In case you need more options to complete your degree, an even larger variety of lower and upper-level courses are available online throughout the year. View the online schedule.
Learning Experience Online (LEO)
The online classroom, Learning Experience Online (LEO), is an innovative and user-friendly learning system catered to the needs of UMUC students. With LEO, we have implemented advanced technology and features to enhance your learning experience. LEO provides the features you want:
- An interactive calendar makes it easy to track assignments, deadlines, and course events
- Access to your online classroom from your smartphone or tablet
- An enhanced progress tool helps you keep track of exactly where you stand in your class
- Audio messaging and other features enable you to easily receive feedback from your instructor
For more information, visit our frequently asked questions link - LEO FAQs.
Academic Calendar: Online
At UMUC, we know that one size doesn't fit all, so we've designed our academic calendar to give you the maximum possible choices in deciding how you want to complete your program. We offer multiple sessions each term, so you can fit one or more courses into your life each fall, spring, and summer. Undergraduate courses are eight weeks long, providing the ideal balance of quality learning time and convenience. View the Online Calendar.