Army TA and registration is available at www.GoArmyEd.com. All active-duty, Army National Guard, and Army Reserve students are eligible to request TA and to enroll online.
Register now for classes!
For the current academic calendar, please go to www.asia.umuc.edu/areas/calendar.cfm. Check with your local UMUC Enrollment Specialist for the selection of courses in your area or view the schedule online. GoArmyEd numbers are listed for each UMUC Asia course. Registration opens in the GoArmyEd portal eight weeks prior to course start dates.
When registering in the GoArmyEd portal, choose the college - Univ Md Univ Coll - Asia - as well as the upcoming term for a listing of available UMUC classes. GoArmyEd terms include Jan-Mar, April-Jun, Jul-Sep, and Oct-Dec. Courses are sorted by start date. For example, classes beginning in August would be listed under the Jul-Sep term.
Please remember to check the section number when registering for courses:
- sections starting with an "A" are UMUC Asia on-site online coursess;
- sections starting with an "E" are Europe online courses available to Asia students;
- sections with only "numbers" are UMUC Stateside online courses available to Asia students.
Textbooks may vary depending on which section you select, so be sure to confirm the correct site for ordering your textbooks by using the section number coding.
If you have questions or if we can assist in any way, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- Create an account
- Enroll in courses
- Student agreements
- Ordering your textbooks
- More information
Do you have a GoArmyEd account?
If you are a new UMUC Asia or Bowie State University Army student without a GoArmyEd account:
- If you do not already have an account, you must request a GoArmyEd login by choosing the New Users tab at www.GoArmyEd.com.
- The New Users tab will guide you through the processes necessary to obtain a login and establish a GoArmyEd account. This does not obligate you to take GoArmyEd or any other college courses.
- Visit the local UMUC Europe Enrollment Specialist office to get information about the available certificate and degree plans.
- Contact your education services officer or counselor to choose UMUC Asia as your home college, select your degree plan, and turn in the TA Statement of Understanding (SOU).
- Complete the GoArmyEd "Soldier Quick Start Training."
Apply for a program or certificate once you've established a GoArmyEd account.
To enroll in an undergraduate course:
- Complete the Common Application online through the GoArmyEd portal, which will be reviewed by a UMUC Asia official to ensure you meet the admissions requirements.
- Request official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities, test results (CLEP, DANTES, Excelsior College Exams), and appropriate military documents be sent directly to UMUC. This allows us to complete your student agreement prior to you completing six credits with the university.
- Pay the $30.00 undergraduate application fee through your MyUMUC student portal or your local UMUC Asia Enrollment Specialist prior to attending your first class.
- Enroll for and request TA for UMUC Asia classes using the GoArmyEd portal. Your local UMUC Asia Enrollment Specialist can provide you with the GoArmyEd class numbers from our schedules for classes in your area to make course selection easier. You will be contacted through the GoArmyEd portal if your enrollment request is rejected for any reason.
- Purchase your textbooks for your class. You may also contact the UMUC Asia Enrollment Specialist for information about textbooks and ordring them for your class(es).
Withdraw from courses using the GoArmyEd portal.
If you need to withdraw from a class using the GoArmyEd portal, the withdrawal must be done online through www.GoArmyEd.com. The withdrawal will be forwarded to UMUC Asia for processing. The published UMUC Asia withdrawal policy will be used to determine any refund as well as your grade for the course.
- If you withdraw for personal reasons, you will be required to repay the TA. Repayment procedures will be initiated by GoArmyEd, and will take place through an automated feed between GoArmyEd and Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).
- If you withdraw for military reasons you may qualify for a TA waiver through your Army Education Office. Unit commander information will be required along with the military reason for withdrawal to be submitted for verification. If the military reason is approved, TA repayment will be waived. All information and transactions occur online through GoArmyEd.
Student agreements must be completed prior to completing six semester hours with the university.
Request official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities, test results (CLEP, DANTES, Excelsior College Exams), and appropriate military documents be sent directly to UMUC Asia undergraduate or graduate programs. This allows us to complete your student agreement prior to you completing six credits with the university.
The university will automatically be notified of the date your student agreement is due. Please do not submit a request for an official evaluation for the program listed in your GoArmyEd portal. Remember, until all documents for an undergraduate official evaluation or for graduate admission are received at Heidelberg headquarters from the issuing institution, your student agreement cannot be posted to the portal. Please request your documents as soon as possible so your ability to use Army TA is not interrupted.
A listing of the undergraduate programs available through UMUC Asia and Bowie State University is found on the GoArmyEd portal. Please select the letter U, as the schools are listed alphabetically. You will find all of the graduate and undergraduate offerings listed under University of Maryland University College Asia.
Ordering your textbooks
Textbooks for UMUC Asia on-site and online courses can now be ordered through webText, a secure, online textbook service designed to make your textbook ordering easier and more convenient.
Textbooks for online courses may vary depending on which section you select, so be sure to confirm the correct site for ordering your textbooks by using the section number coding.
- webText - Online ordering service for courses offered through UMUC Asia.
To help with this new process, we have outlined the basic procedures and changes that affect you. As we become more acquainted with this new process, we will add more information to help as you earn UMUC Asia or Bowie State University certificates and degrees using upfront Army tuition assistance. Please, continue to check this page and the UMUC Asia school page on the GoArmyEd portal for added information.
The GoArmyEd Web site provides a portal allowing you to process your enrollments, submit your grades, verify and prepare invoices for payment, and access centralized support for troubleshooting in one location. GoArmyEd.com also contains important information about Army TA processes and policies. This service offers a sense of one-stop shopping, allowing you to manage many aspects of your education and tuition assistance yourself, knowing that UMUC Asia will provide you with the assistance you need along the way.