Welcome to UMUC Asia! Following are the steps you'll need to take to get started as a UMUC Asia student. Army servicemembers: Please consult the UMUC Asia flyer Five Steps for Army Servicemembers to Get Started with UMUC Asia.
- Complete UMUC's e-application.
- A one-time $50 application fee applies.
- Please provide complete mailing address, phone number, and military information.
- Use a non-military e-mail address (military firewall may block messages from UMUC).
- Within 24 hours, an EmplID (student ID), username, and password will be e-mailed to you. Keep this information for your records!
E-mail didn't arrive? Visit MyUMUC > Recover Password (left side) > in the "Asia" box, click "MyUMUC Login Assistant" > complete the form, click both check boxes > Submit
NOTE: WebTycho uses the same login credentials as MyUMUC. Your temporary password initially sent must be changed in the MyUMUC portal before attempting to log into WebTycho.
- View class schedule at www.asia.umuc.edu > Current schedule (left side)
- Choose session, location, and subject to find your course choices.
- Stop by your UMUC Enrollment Office if you need assistance.
NOTE: A placement test may be required before you can enroll in an English or math course. If you have taken an English or math course with another institution, please contact a UMUC Academic Advisor.
Active-duty personnel will also need to:
- Apply for tuition assistance (TA).
- Air Force - Request TA through the Air Force Portal.
- Navy - Request TA through the Navy College Portal.
- Marine - TA is authorized and issued through your local base education center. You must have TA authorization before registering for classes.
- Once your TA is approved, bring a copy to your local UMUC office or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Stop by a UMUC Enrollment Office.
- For prerequisite verification, see an Academic Advisor or the current UMUC Asia Catalog.
- Tuition and fees are due no later than ten days after registering for classes.
- To order textbooks, visit WebText Asia and create a WebText account.
Problems logging in? E-mail Tychoemail@example.com for assistance.
Now that you are a UMUC student, you will also need to:
- Fill out the official evaluation request form (OERF) (degree-seeking students only)
- Show your military orders or ID card to your local UMUC Enrollment Specialist.
- Submit official high school and previous college transcripts to:
3501 University Blvd. East
Adelphi, MD 20783
NOTE: High school transcripts are not required for students with more than 24 transferable college credits. Check with an Academic Advisor for more information.
If you have any questions or need further information, please stop by your local UMUC office. Thank you for choosing University of Maryland University College!
Four Things to Consider Before Registering
1. Investigate Your Financial Aid Options
Need help with college costs? Here are several opportunities:
- Military Tuition Assistance
- Post-9/11 GI Bill
- MyCAA Spouse Career Advancement Program
- UMUC Scholarships
- Federal Financial Aid programs
- More on Financial Aid
2. Consult with Your Academic Advisor Early On
It's wise to speak with your local Academic Advisor so you can get your degree plan off to a good start. Our dedicated advising team offers the support you need in all areas so achieving your educational goals is an easy process. They can help you with:
- Determining potential credits you may have with military service and credits from previous institutions
- Choosing the best academic program that best fits your interests or experience
- Course guidance as to best choose courses appropriate to your level
3. Take a Look at Your Current Schedule
Our courses are offered in various flexible formats and at multiple start dates for you to accelerate your degree plan.
- ON-SITE: On-Site classes can be taken during lunch hour, late in the afternoon, in the evenings, or on weekends. We understand your busy lifestyle and cater to your needs.
- ONLINE: Taking online classes allows you to study anywhere, at the time most convenient for you. With our new combined Asia/Europe online classes, the course selection is almost endless.
- HYBRID: Our hybrid learning course format enables you to have the best of both worlds. Hybrid classes usually meet once a week in the classroom, with the remainder of coursework done online.
4. Choose Courses Right for Your Level
- Courses numbered in the 100-200 range are for students with less than two years of college experience.
- Courses numbered in the 300-400 range are for more advanced students who have already completed the lower-level "basic" courses.
- Take note of any prerequisites. Course descriptions note courses you must complete before taking that course.
- In most cases, a placement test is required before taking any math or English courses.
Ask your Enrollment Specialist for Basic Information
UMUC Asia has Enrollment Specialists working at nearly every class site. Your local Enrollment Specialist will be happy to answer your questions and provide you with a Catalog, current class schedule, and other important information and support. Check registration dates below to register for classes or visit UMUC Enrollment Specialist office for detailed information and assistance.