Getting your degree with UMUC is as easy as ABC
All 67 CCAF degrees link to a UMUC bachelor's with the Air University ABC program. If you are an airman completing your CCAF associate of applied science (AAS) degree, you can now link to a UMUC bachelor’s degree with a likelihood of easy completion. Air University’s new ABC program, Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative, and UMUC Asia make it possible.
UMUC and CCAF have enjoyed a long history of working together, so partnering with the ABC program just strengthens this relationship and benefits students like you. Two of our most popular bachelor’s programs -- computer studies and management studies -- now link to all of the 67 CCAF associate's degrees.
Benefits to CCAF students:
- If you have completed or are completing an AAS degree, you have our guarantee that 60 credits or less are needed to earn the linked bachelor’s degrees if you follow the degree plan for your program. By taking courses outlined on the AU to ABC planning sheet, you are maximizing the number of courses that will transfer under this program. But, if you deviate by taking different courses or not all of the courses listed, then you won’t maximize the transfer credits for your CCAF degree.
- Building on your CCAF degree, you will be completing a bachelor’s degree from UMUC--a regionally accredited, nationally respected university.
- UMUC Asia will provide a binding degree completion contract that ensures transfer of your CCAF credits to your bachelor’s program, maximizing credits awarded to you for prior military training or education programs.
- Complete your bachelor’s degree from anywhere in the world by participating in UMUC’s award-winning distance education program in conjunction with Air University’s self-service virtual campus.
Getting started is as easy as ABC:
- Apply for an official UMUC Asia evaluation as an ABC student by completing the request for an official evaluation and check the ABC option in the top corner of the form. You can apply anytime, even before completing your associate’s degree.
- Begin by enrolling in the courses indicated for your linked degree. All the courses you need are available at an on-site location near you or online with UMUC Asia.
- Contact your local UMUC Asia Field Representative or an Academic Advisor (Korea DSN 273-7141, Okinawa DSN 634-3780, Japan and all other areas DSN 225-3680) for assistance in completing your bachelor’s degree in 60 hours or less following your CCAF associate's degree.
Find the plan that serves you best
These programs are designed for airmen who have completed a CCAF AAS degree.
Available Category I Programs with UMUC:
These programs are designed primarily for airmen who are currently enrolled in a CCAF AAS program. You must complete your CCAF requirements by using specific coursework applicable to the linked UMUC bachelor's degree plan.
Available Category II Programs with UMUC:
Additionally, you may choose from the following Category II plans:
- Electronic Systems Technology linked to Computer Studies (pdf 49 Kb)
- Information Systems Technology linked to Computer Studies (pdf 49 Kb)
We are pleased to partner with Air University and to provide more options as you further your education. Advancing from your associate degree to your bachelor’s degree will be as easy as ABC with UMUC.